Are you dissatisfied with the appearance of submental fullness, or a “double chin” in your lower face? You are not alone – in a recent study conducted by the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, about 67 percent of men and women stated that they were bothered by the excess fat underneath their chins. Rather than endure the risk and invasiveness of liposuction, come to the Vanishing Vein for a safe and effective Kybella® injection.
Located in Framingham, Massachusetts, the Vanishing Vein is led by Dr. Brian Davison. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and find out how Kybella® can improve the appearance of your lower face with no surgery or downtime.
What Causes Submental Fullness?
When the submental area underneath the chin accumulates excess fat, it is often difficult to target this cosmetic concern with diet and exercise alone. Submental fullness can be influenced by a wide range of factors, such as:
- Weight gain
- The natural aging process
Traditionally, invasive procedures such as liposuction have been the ideal option for restoring more attractive contours to this area, but Kybella® injections offer a less risky treatment with no disruption to your normal activities.
What is Kybella®?
Kybella® is an injectable treatment comprised of deoxycholic acid, which is found naturally in the body and aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fatty tissues underneath the chin, the deoxycholic acid formulation permanently disables fat cells and prevents them from accumulating or storing fat in the future. The result is an elevated appearance underneath the chin for a more attractive jawline.
What are the Benefits of Kybella®?
- Quick, convenient treatments that are easy to schedule for even the busiest patients
- As deoxycholic acid is easily recognized and processed by the body, this treatment typically carries no serious side effects
- This permanent destruction of fat cells is long-lasting
- Most patients achieve visible results after two to four treatments, with a maximum of six treatments
- This treatment allows patient to immediately return to work and normal activities
- Aside from slight bruising, swelling, or redness at injection sites, there are no tell-tale signs that you have undergone cosmetic treatment
Am I a Good Candidate for Kybella®?
The best way to determine if Kybella® is right for you is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Davison and our medical team to have your individual condition evaluated. We will discuss several factors such as your health, medical history, treatment expectations and aesthetic goals to help you choose the treatment option that is best for you. We will also outline what you can expect as well as any other safety information that may be relevant to you.
Contact the Vanishing Vein today to schedule a consultation and find out how non-surgical Kybella® injections can improve the contours of your lower chin and improve your overall facial profile.